Coordinates With: Existing donors, Chief Development Officer, Event Planner & Development Associate, My Brother’s Keeper staff and volunteers, Easton and South Coast Development Boards
Provide strong, effective leadership of development office operations. Assist the Chief Development Officer in the management of a comprehensive development program.
Development Office Operations
- Responsible for the daily management of development office operations and ensuring best practices
- Responsible for donor relations management software and the integrity of donor database records
- Manage the acknowledgement and receipting process for all donor gifts in a manner which is professional, timely, and confidential
- Draft and personalize written donor correspondence including requests and thank you letters
- Assist and support Chief Development Officer with prospect management and fundraising reporting
- Provide direct supervision and direction to Event Planner & Development Associate
- Act as the primary point of contact for donor questions and concerns
- Manage tribute and memorial giving program
- Process donations of stock and other non-cash contributions
- Manage relationships with development vendors and audit invoices for accuracy and correctness
- Steward relationships with existing annual donors (under $20,000) to promote donor retention
- Solicit event sponsorship renewals
- Track pledge payments and follow up on receivables
- Lead 3rd party fundraising efforts such as parish Blanket Drives, parish Loaves & Fishes, Christmas toy collection, etc.
- Lead and manage all aspects of mailed campaigns such as Mission Appeal, newsletter, bequest, monthly giving, capital projects, etc.
- Work with graphic designer, printer, and mail house on all aspects of production and distribution
- Provide direction and supervision to outside grant consultant including prospect evaluation, coordination, and final reporting
- Draft and submit grant proposals to a select group of foundations, generally those with established relationships and/or smaller gift amounts
- Oversee volunteer recognition efforts such as flowers, gifts, and plaques
- Allocate tithing program event tickets
- Attend Development Board meetings as necessary
- Participate in general community relations— external and internal events, Diaconate ordination, etc.
- Deep commitment to Christian service and the mission of My Brother’s Keeper
- Track record of 5 or more years of demonstrated success in development— work in a non-profit or mission-driven organization is a distinct plus
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Track record of good teamwork and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to effectively engage and build relationships with donors, volunteers, and vendors
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Sound judgment — position involves decision-making throughout the day which must occur independent of direct supervision
- Flexibility — ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, make quick adjustments to schedules, and redirect resources
- Able to manage donor information with discretion and confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and donor relations management software
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree or additional relevant training is a plus
Please send (1) letter of interest and (2) resume to Paul Key at email@example.com. Your letter of interest should include your motivation for supporting our mission “To bring the Love and Hope of Jesus Christ to those we serve.” Thank you.