Provide direct services including deliveries and pick-ups of furniture, food, and Christmas gifts.
Supervise and educate our diverse volunteer corps.
Carry out numerous tasks required to prepare for pick-ups and deliveries — administratively and in the warehouse.
- Help My Brother’s Keeper accomplish its mission by treating all recipients, volunteers, and donors with kindness, dignity, and respect in Christ’s name
- Professionally represent My Brother’s Keeper to the public in the community and on the phone
- Help build community by welcoming visitors and new volunteers
- Supervise diverse part-time volunteer corps
- Educate volunteers about the complexities of our work and our mission
- Physically perform deliveries and pick-ups of furniture, food, and Christmas gifts (includes offering a crucifix at furniture deliveries as described above)
- Drive commercial vans and 16 ft. moving trucks to perform deliveries and pick-ups
- Help coordinate furniture pick-up schedule and make confirmation calls, as needed
- Make quality control decisions on furniture pick-ups
- Help maintain general organization and appearance of the facility, grounds, and vehicles
- Clean furniture and perform light repair as needed
- Assist with set up and breakdown related to special events
- Lead opening, lunch-time, and closing prayers along with other staff
- Prepare simple lunches for self and volunteers along with other staff as needed (all food provided by MyBrother’s Keeper; on-site lunch is counted as part of the standard work day)
- Accurately maintain associated computer records and other administrative tasks as needed
- Write newsletter articles and blog posts as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (desirable but not required)
- Deep and passionate commitment to Christian service and the mission of My Brother’s Keeper
- Prior experience demonstrating a strong service orientation, good organizational, people and leadership skills; work in a non-profit or mission-driven organization is a plus
- Track record of strong teamwork skills and the ability to coordinate with diverse constituencies – e.g. other staff, volunteers and donors
- Excellent communication /interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage and build relationships with volunteers
- Sound organizational, analytical, logistics and people management skills: must be able to effectively problem-solve, multi-task, prioritize and manage time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Sound judgment/Common sense— position involves decision-making throughout the day which must occur independent of direct supervision; must be able to make quick adjustments to schedules and redirect resources
- Flexibility and patience— ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, changes in volunteer corps, and unexpected events as well as peak- time demands from a schedule and sustained commitment standpoint
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information related to donors and service recipients
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office Applications
Please send (1) letter of interest and (2) resume to Erich Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of interest should include your motivation for supporting our mission “To bring the Love and Hope of Jesus Christ to those we serve.” Thank you.