COVID-19 Emergency Response
- All services are free.
- All requests are processed by phone. We cannot accept e-mail requests or requests made in-person at our facility due to staffing limitations.
- Assistance is given by delivery only — no pick-ups at our facility.
- As a Christian ministry, we offer a symbol of Jesus as a gift on all deliveries. You are free to accept or decline.
- Members of our staff speak English and Spanish. If you speak other languages, please call with someone present who can help translate.
- To qualify for our help, you must simply live within our geographic service area.
- E. Bridgewater
- W. Bridgewater
- Barrington, RI
- Bristol, RI
- Fall River
- Little Compton, RI
- Middleboro (west of Route 105)
- New Bedford
- Portsmouth, RI
- Tiverton, RI
- Warren, RI
Additional information about our Furniture Assistance Program
- My Brother’s Keeper can help with all the basics needed to furnish a bare apartment: beds, cribs, dressers, refrigerators, kitchen sets, and living room sets as well as important household items like dishes, pots, pans, sheets, and towels.
- Our furniture is used but in good condition. We obtain these items in donation from area homes, businesses, schools, and hotels.
- My Brother’s Keeper does not replace furniture because so many people living in our service area have nothing.
- If you are leaving a shelter, we cannot process a furniture request until you have a key or a signed lease and firm move-in date.
- My Brother’s Keeper will always ask to speak directly to the person in need to get the most accurate information. We do not accept second-hand requests from family, friends, or advocates. (For example, “I’m calling for a friend who needs help.”)
Case Manager Referral Information
Many charities do not help individuals unless they are referred by case managers. My Brother’s Keeper is very different: we accept requests directly from people in need. There is no referral paperwork to be completed.
Please empower your clients to call us directly using the phone numbers provided above.
By speaking directly to your clients, we obtain accurate information and begin building a relationship with them rooted in dignity and respect. The intake call will also make your client feel more comfortable when the delivery occurs.
For clients in need of furniture, My Brother’s Keeper makes an accommodation for case managers in two situations:
- Your client has an extremely significant language barrier or a medical condition like Alzheimer’s which makes communication impossible on their own
- Your client has made a persistent, ‘good faith’ effort to call us on our assistance line but cannot get through
In these instances, case managers can call us on our general office number, 508–238–7512 (Easton) or 774–305–4577 (Dartmouth), and we will make arrangements to connect your client with an intake staff member.
This accommodation for clients in need of furniture is meant as an exception, not the rule, for referrals. Please note, we do not make the same accommodation for our Food and Christmas Assistance Programs because other local charities also provide these services.
Thank you for referring your clients to us, for entrusting them to our care.