COVID-19 Emergency Response
At My Brother’s Keeper, we view service as a privilege and a joy, not an obligation. When families trust us in their time of need, they give us a beautiful gift: the humble acceptance of our help.
More than 4,000 volunteers of all ages and backgrounds come to My Brother’s Keeper each year to experience this privilege of service. What our volunteers receive in return is life-changing: a profound appreciation for the blessings they have and a sense of fulfillment that comes from helping others in Christ’s name.
We also have a special emphasis on student-volunteering because today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders. About 1,500 students from 100 schools volunteer at My Brother's Keeper each year.
- furniture pickups & deliveries (with our staff)
- clean furniture and appliances
- carpentry / light furniture repair
- test electrical items
- sort household items and linens
- assemble boxsprings, including cutting fabric & sewing
- make food deliveries
- pack food boxes
- pack fresh produce, dairy, and personal hygiene bags
- pick up food from the Greater Boston Food Bank and other donors
- make Christmas deliveries
- select & wrap Christmas gifts
- assemble Christmas gift baskets
- prepare meals for volunteers
- administrative help
- building maintenance
- help with special events
- And many more!
Here’s why some of our volunteers enjoy helping at My Brother’s Keeper
Other Ways to Help
Not everyone has the time or the ability to come to My Brother’s Keeper to volunteer. Many supporters have found other creative ways, though, to be a part of our work.
Here are a few examples:
- Collect linens & household items through your church
- Help your kids organize a neighborhood food drive
- Donate personal hygiene products
- Become a monthly donor
- Offer your professional services
- Apply for a grant from your employer’s corporate foundation
- Request donations to My Brother’s Keeper in lieu of flowers or gifts
- Participate in our events
- Sponsor a family in need of gifts at Christmas
- Knit hats & scarves as gift for our Christmas program
- Tell others about our work
- Pray for the success of My Brother’s Keeper